Declaration of Evangelical Social Concern Writing Contest
In November of 1973, a group of Evangelicals met in Chicago in order to draft a Declaration of Evangelical Social Concern. Nearly forty years later, Evangelicals for Social Action invites submissions for a new Declaration of Evangelical Social Concern.
- The contest is open to all those between the ages of 18 and 30.
- Submitted material must be original work.
- Only one entry may be submitted per person.
- All Declarations must be 1-2 pages single spaced.
- Submissions must be emailed to Evangelicals for Social Action by 5:00 Eastern, Friday May 3rd, 2013 with the subject “ESA Writing Contest.”
- Emailed submissions must include: Declaration of Evangelical Social Concern (as an attachment or in the text body), your full name, date of birth, mailing and e-mail address, and telephone number.
- Void where prohibited.
Following the submission deadline, a team of Sider Scholars will review each entry, a winner will be chosen by the staff of Evangelicals for Social Action and notified via e-mail or telephone no later than Friday May 24th, 2013.
One (1) first prize winner will be invited to read his or her Declaration of Evangelical Social Concern at the Follow.Jesus.2013 conference held July 12th-14th, 2013 at Eastern University in Pennsylvania. The winner will be given full admission to the conference which includes: Friday night Retirement Roast and Gala in honor of Ron Sider, all Saturday events and meals, and breakfast and events on Sunday. The winner will also receive transportation to and from the conference as well as accommodations.
Second and Third Prizes
One (1) second prize winner will receive $100; one (1) third prize winner will receive $75.